Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Nancy and Aquilla Cahill came to Texas in 1859 and settled in this area. The community which grew up around their farm was known as Cahill. In 1893 land for a Methodist church and cemetery was deeded by Sarah E. Snodgrass in memory of her father, Aquilla Cahill. A sanctuary and tabernacle were built by church members and the congregation was served by circuit riding ministers. Cahill Methodist Church has been a focal point of the community throughout its existence, serving people from a large rural area. 
Return to full list >>
Nancy and Aquilla Cahill came to Texas in 1859 and settled in this area. The community which grew up around their farm was known as Cahill. In 1893 land for a Methodist church and cemetery was deeded by Sarah E. Snodgrass in memory of her father, Aquilla Cahill. A sanctuary and tabernacle were built by church members and the congregation was served by circuit riding ministers. Cahill Methodist Church has been a focal point of the community throughout its existence, serving people from a large rural area. 
Return to full list >>