Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Red Oak Academy was an early Texas college. Founded near this site (at that time part of Brushy Mound) in 1879; re-established as Alta Vista College, 1885 and transferred in 1893 to Presbyterian Church where it was renamed Red Oak Academy and inspired the name for this section: "Academy Hill". The school closed in 1899. The original site is private property.
Return to full list >>
Red Oak Academy was an early Texas college. Founded near this site (at that time part of Brushy Mound) in 1879; re-established as Alta Vista College, 1885 and transferred in 1893 to Presbyterian Church where it was renamed Red Oak Academy and inspired the name for this section: "Academy Hill". The school closed in 1899. The original site is private property.
Return to full list >>