Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

In June 1944 Johnson County established Camp Cleburne for German prisoners of war (POWs). By war’s end, Camp Cleburne — one of nearly 70 camps across the state housing more than 50,000 POWs — provided 120 Johnson County farms with necessary agricultural labor during the war.

Return to full list >>

In June 1944 Johnson County established Camp Cleburne for German prisoners of war (POWs). By war’s end, Camp Cleburne — one of nearly 70 camps across the state housing more than 50,000 POWs — provided 120 Johnson County farms with necessary agricultural labor during the war.

Return to full list >>