Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

In 1939, work began to replace Rhome Field, where Cleburne high played home football games for twenty years. The works projects administration (WPA) provided most of the funding for the new $80,000 stadium built from concrete and rough cut Somervell county limestone. 


It opened in fall 1941, with ivy-covered stands, pilasters, seating for 3800, ticket windows, and dressing rooms. The stadium has hosted football games, other sports, and community events. The 1959 state co-championship 
team, coached by Brooks Conover, played on this field.
Return to full list >>

In 1939, work began to replace Rhome Field, where Cleburne high played home football games for twenty years. The works projects administration (WPA) provided most of the funding for the new $80,000 stadium built from concrete and rough cut Somervell county limestone. 


It opened in fall 1941, with ivy-covered stands, pilasters, seating for 3800, ticket windows, and dressing rooms. The stadium has hosted football games, other sports, and community events. The 1959 state co-championship 
team, coached by Brooks Conover, played on this field.
Return to full list >>