Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The Old Picnic Grounds were used after 1854 to start Camp Henderson (named for town site donor). Public meetings were held here and in 1867 Camp Henderson became county seat. Civil war veterans attending the 4th of July picnic there named the town Cleburne, for Civil War General, Patrick R. Cleburne. 
Return to full list >>
The Old Picnic Grounds were used after 1854 to start Camp Henderson (named for town site donor). Public meetings were held here and in 1867 Camp Henderson became county seat. Civil war veterans attending the 4th of July picnic there named the town Cleburne, for Civil War General, Patrick R. Cleburne. 
Return to full list >>