Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

In the early 1800's the Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad, known as "the Katy", extended its service from  Denison to  Waco. In 1881 the segment from Fort Worth to Alvarado was being laid out, and a midway depot was needed. Grenville M. Dodge, representing the railroad, purchased land for the depot and a town surrounding it from Rev. Henry C. Renfro at the site of what is now called "Old Town" Burleson where Grumps is located.

Return to full list >>

In the early 1800's the Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad, known as "the Katy", extended its service from  Denison to  Waco. In 1881 the segment from Fort Worth to Alvarado was being laid out, and a midway depot was needed. Grenville M. Dodge, representing the railroad, purchased land for the depot and a town surrounding it from Rev. Henry C. Renfro at the site of what is now called "Old Town" Burleson where Grumps is located.

Return to full list >>