Historical Markers

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
The history of the Irving campuses began with the Select School for Young Ladies, established by Peyton Irving in 1878 and was located at the corner of Brown and Caddo streets. A year later, Irving moved the school to the corner of North Main and Heard streets. Along with the move, Irving removed the 25-person enrollment limit. However, as the enrollment grew, Irving again moved the school, for the second time in a year. This time, the school moved to the 1100 block of North Anglin Street, where the school still stands today.
Return to full list >>
The history of the Irving campuses began with the Select School for Young Ladies, established by Peyton Irving in 1878 and was located at the corner of Brown and Caddo streets. A year later, Irving moved the school to the corner of North Main and Heard streets. Along with the move, Irving removed the 25-person enrollment limit. However, as the enrollment grew, Irving again moved the school, for the second time in a year. This time, the school moved to the 1100 block of North Anglin Street, where the school still stands today.
Return to full list >>