Clerk II- County Clerk, Recording
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$23,638-$27,752
- Posted Date:02/13/2018
Provides advanced clerical support within department. Work involves reviewing and processing documents submitted for recording, applications and requests for copies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Reviews and processes instruments submitted for filing in Official Public Records as well as applications for Passports or Vital Records
- Provides courteous customer service, which includes: assisting customers with searches and inquiries, answering and transferring telephone calls, directing the public to the appropriate office, cashiering financial transactions, issuing certified copies of recorded instruments, posting and filing public notices and processing requests.
- Provides clerical support, which includes: reviewing and processing instruments submitted electronically, preparing correspondence, processing incoming and outgoing mail, entering current index information and scanning documents
- Proof-reads index and image data for accuracy and makes necessary corrections as directed.
- Prepares and submits required reports to appropriate agencies as directed.
- Completes required training and certification courses.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with associated State and local regulations, procedures, and protocols.
Education, Experience and Background
High School diploma or equivalent, with under and including 1 year related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted. Federal and State Agencies may require proof of U.S. Citizenship as well as successful completion of criminal background checks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of recording requirements and fees
- Knowledge of state mandated rules and regulations
- Strong data entry, secretarial and organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Internet savvy with experience in using MS Office applications
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to changes in work situations and priorities including cross-training for other duties within the department
- Exercises good judgment and focuses on detail as required by the job
- Provides excellent and courteous customer service
- Ability to handle common inquiries or complaints
- Follows written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with peers and managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. The work involves sitting most of the time.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.