- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25,497- $28,146
- Posted Date:01/10/2019
Cleans all areas of building or floors assigned including bathrooms, offices, courtrooms, holding cells, break rooms, elevators, stairs, lobby and any public areas including outside.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Cleans bathrooms including holding cells, which includes cleaning toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, cabinets, counter tops and mopping floors.
- Empties trash containers and recycle trash containers and take trash to appropriate dumpsters.
- Cleans spills or other accidental incidents and disinfects if needed.
- Performs basic cleaning of lobby, courtrooms, offices, break rooms and public areas. This includes dusting, wiping down water fountains, elevators and courtroom fixtures/furniture.
- Cleans mirrors and any glass or glass doors.
- Tracks, stocks and request cleaning supplies when needed. Stocks dispensers with paper towels, toilet tissue and soap.
- Performs detail cleaning such as baseboards, wood work, vents, blinds, windows, outside entry areas, carpet cleaning and special requested area cleaning.
- Practices safety measures such as using mask and gloves at all times.
- Understands products/chemicals and keeps material safety data sheets.
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
Less than High School or equivalency, with under and including 1 year related experience. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Cleaning chemicals and products for various surfaces
- Materials data sheets for products
- Operation of cleaning equipment
- Supply storage and tracking
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work unit
- Work independently
- Handle common inquiries or complaints
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Adapt to changes in work situations and priorities
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative interpersonal relationships with staff, peers, supervisors, or managers in the work unit and other departments, as well as with staff of outside entities and other individuals, as applicable to the essential duties and responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, climbing, balancing, pushing, pulling and lifting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly.