P.T. Clerk- Burleson Tax Office
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.35/Hr.
- Posted Date:11/09/2018
Under general supervision, performs a variety of general duties such as vehicle registration and titling, collecting motor vehicle sales tax, the collection and recording of Ad Valorem taxes for the County and all taxing entities in Johnson County, boat and motor registration and titling and creating new toll tag accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Must have a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn and provide exceptional customer service. Must follow directions, meet deadlines, have good attendance, be punctual, be reliable, and have a professional attitude. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must also be willing and able to work at any of the Johnson County Tax Office locations as needed.
This list of responsibilities is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists the public with motor vehicle inquiries.
- Assists the public with property tax inquiries.
- Obtains all required information to process motor vehicle transactions, and account for all documents and inventory.
- Receive payments for vehicle transactions, property taxes and boat and motor.
- Establish payment agreements for delinquent property tax accounts.
- Researches property exemptions, use, land improvements, and payment history.
- Opens, distributes, and processes mail.
- Balances and reconciles daily transactions to funds received; including scanning of checks received to complete the reconciliation process of funds received for the day that includes separate tills for motor vehicles, property tax and boat and motor.
- Verifies accuracy of daily transaction reports and compiles all transaction documentation for submittal to the supervisor for review.
- Communicates with the public by mail, email, or telephone to provide responses to inquiries.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with cash and the general public preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeofbasicarithmetic,andstatisticsincludingadd,subtract,multiply,divide,decimalsand percentages.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, including computer, telephone and calculator/ten key.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with County staff and the general public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently. The work involves sitting most of the time.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.