- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$25,497- $30,904
- Posted Date:01/07/2019 10:12 AM
Performs a variety of clerical duties for departments throughout the County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Answer phones in a professional manner and direct calls to proper department or person in a timely manner.
- Must be able to adapt to changing environments and assignments
- Performs other related duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Employees are required to comply with safety regulations, procedures, protocols, and wear personal protective gear if required.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent, with 6 months of experience preferred, but not required. Combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions listed above can be substituted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Professional phone manner
- Be a self-starter
- Ability to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to use office equipment and related software
- Ability to multi-task
- Be sensitive to the confidential information of each department
- Exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job
- Follow oral and written instructions and procedures for each department
- Adapt to changes in work situations and priorities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position typically requires fingering, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions; pus stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Light Work: Performing the essential functions typically requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. The work involves sitting most of the time.