- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$41,950-$50,000
- Posted Date:11/13/2019 11:36 AM
*For this position, please apply online*
(Computer Kiosks available in Personnel Office, if needed)
The GIS Technician will create maps and customized geographic information systems (GIS) applications and manipulate data to serve a variety of purposes. Work tasks will include data entry, map making, and report generation.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in a geographic information-related field such as Geography, Cartography, Earth Science, Ecology, Engineering, Planning, Environmental Sciences, or any other related field.
- ArcMap 10.X knowledge
- Field data collection experience, preferred
- ESRI training, preferred
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the management of 911 addressing.
- Prepare and maintain various types of spatial layers (cadastral, property, right-of-way, topographic planimetric, address, zoning) and database information required in support of the County geographic information system ensuring accurate, complete spatial information layers to established cartographic standards.
- Prepare final GIS products and prepare reports from non-graphic SQL databases as required in support of the County’s geographic information system.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less.
- Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on current workloads and department needs.
- Responds to and appropriately refers incoming telephone calls, request, and complaints in order to ensure timely resolution of issues in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experienced and Knowledge in ARC GIS and other ESRI based software.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess ability to work independently or as a team.
- Must have ability to make decisions; compile and compose reports, maintain confidentiality, organize workload, understand/follow instructions.
- Must be able to turn and sit up to 8-hours daily; walk and stand up to 8-hours daily; lift and carry up to 30-pounds. May be required to assist with events that occur outdoors and/or in event centers. May be required to work weekends and evenings
- Must be able to pass drug test and future random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass background check with criminal history.
- Cannot have a Felony Arrest, Conviction or Deferred Adjudication.
- Cannot have a Misdemeanor A Arrest, Conviction or Deferred Adjudication.
- Cannot have a Misdemeanor B Conviction or Deferred Adjudication in the past 10 years.
- Cannot have any open arrest for Felony or Misdemeanor A or B.
- Cannot have Family Violence Conviction or Deferred Adjudication.
- Criminal History will be reviewed annually for any outstanding arrest.
Johnson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.