Certified Copy of Texas Abstract - $23.00. Certified Copy of Johnson County Long Form - $23.00. Abstract (Texas births only) may not be acceptable for Passports, Immigration or Indian Registry. Offices are located at the Historic Courthouse at 2 N. Main St. Rm. 128 in downtown Cleburne (817-202-4000 x 1633) and the Burleson Sub Courthouse located at 247 Elk Dr. in Burleson (817-202-4000 x 1726). Mailing address is Johnson County Clerk-Vitals, PO Box 1986, Cleburne TX 76033.
Customers who wish to obtain a Texas long-form birth certificate but were not born in Johnson County should contact the local registrar for their birth location or go to Texas.gov for purchase options via the state website at https://txapps.texas.gov/tolapp/ovra/index.htm
A birth record is closed to the general public and available to qualified applicants only until the 75th anniversary of the date of birth as shown on the record filed with the local registrar.
Properly qualified applicants include registrant or immediate family member by blood, marriage or adoption; guardian or legal representative; law enforcement or governmental agencies; persons who can demonstrate a direct and tangible interest in the record for statutory obligations; or persons protecting a personal legal property right and can present an original designation document or attested statement.
Non-qualified applicants must have a signed (original) statement from the applicant authorizing them (naming them) to pick up the birth certificate for the applicant. This statement must include a legible copy of the applicant's valid government-issued photo ID. The person named in your request must also present their original valid government-issued photo ID. All requests must by received on State-approved application form which must include the following information. (See download link at bottom of page.) No phone-in requests will be processed.
- Full name as it appears on birth record
- Date and county of birth
- Parents' names, including mother's maiden name
- Your relationship to person named on certificate
- Your valid mailing address
- Purpose of record
- Signature and date under fraud warning statement
- If requesting by mail, a legible copy of your valid government-issued photo ID (photo must be recognizable) must be included
- If requesting in person, present your original valid government-issued photo ID
- Cost per certificate is $23.00
- Please do not send cash through the mail. We accept business checks, money orders, or cashiers check - no personal checks
- Credit cards accepted with additional 5% fee. If requesting by mail, please include a daytime contact phone number.
Texas Abstract birth certificates may not be acceptable for Passports, Court, Immigration, Indian Registry or Baptismal purposes - no refunds.
All fees are due and payable at time of service.
•Personal checks are not accepted.
•Business checks are accepted with company information on check.
•Credit cards are accepted with a small fee.