Johnson County Elections Office
103 S. Walnut St.
Cleburne, Texas 76033
|NOVEMBER 8, 2016 GENERAL ELECTION|
|Last Day to Register to Vote: Tuesday, October 11, 2016|
|Ballot by Mail: Friday, September 9, 2016 - Friday, October 28, 2016|
|Early Voting: Monday, October 24, 2016 - Friday, November 4, 2016|
|Election Day: Tuesday, November 8, 2016|
PUBLIC ACCESS COMPUTER
The Elections Office provides a computer for the public to access online voter information. This computer will be available 8:30am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm, regular business days.
VOLUNTEER DEPUTY VOTER REGISTRAR
The Johnson County Elections Office will be scheduling training classes for anyone interested in becoming a Volunteer Deputy Voter Registrar. Volunteer Deputy Registrars are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in the State of Texas. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in the state.
Acceptance of the duties of volunteer deputy registrar places you in a position of trust and responsibility to the citizens you will register to vote. Please call 817-556-6197 for appointment.
For more information about the position, please VISIT HERE
BILLINGUAL POLL WORKERS NEEDED
The Elections office is in need of bilingual (Spanish) election personnel to serve as interpreters in performing an official duty in connection with county elections.
General eligibility and duties to serve as interpreter as permitted in the Texas Election Code are as follows:
- Must be a registered voter of the county and speak English and Spanish.
- May accompany the voter to the voting station for the purpose of translating the ballot to the voter.
- Available to work during early voting by personal appearance at various locations throughout the county.
- Available to work on Election Day from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM at a polling place.
- A person cannot hold an elected office or be a candidate for public office on Election Day; cannot be an employee or relative of a candidate or office holder.
For more information call (817) 556-6197