Identity Theft is one of the fastest growing CRIMES in the US today. Texas is rated as No. 2 in the nation for incidents of Identity Theft.
The following information is provided as a guide to assist you in the protection of your personal information.
- Request your bank to remove personal information (drivers license number and phone number) off the face of your checks.
- Destroy used checks and bank statements, or store them in a secure location. Don’t discard them in the trash.
- Balance your checking account each and every month.
- Do not keep your Driver’s License, Credit Cards, Debit Cards, or Social Security Card in your checkbook.
- Do not leave your purse, wallet or checkbook inside an unattended vehicle.
- Report lost or stolen checks to your bank and local law enforcement agency.
- Store unused checks in a secure location inside your home or business.