Eminent Domain

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


In Johnson County all 'Eminent Domain' cases are filed with the County Clerk and are heard by a board of special commissioners appointed by the presiding judge of the court in which the case is filed. Once the application is filed and the fees paid, the condemning party must contact the appropriate Civil Court Coordinator to get the board appointed and set a hearing date. After the special commission rules any party not satisfied with the award may file an 'Objection' to the award. Upon filing of the `Objection' the case will then be heard by the presiding judge for that court.







*Paid for by the Condemning part


 Objection to Award

*Paid for by the Objecting Party 



 ** If process is requested to be issued or service performed fees are due as in any other Civil Case **


***ALL fees are due and payable at the time of filing. Personal checks are not accepted. Attorney's business checks are accepted. Visa and Master Cards accepted. Fees may be charged to a credit card via telephone or mail by supplying the account number, expiration date, and card holder's zip code.



Relevant Forms:



For information concerning the status or disposition of specific cases, please call (817)556-6323, Ext 1314.  Records requests and/or copies may be obtained by calling (817) 556-6323, Ext. 1316.