Spring/early Summer is the busy season for Passports applications. To avoid long wait times, please arrive as early as possible. Children may need to be taken out of school as late afternoons can be very busy. Please allow at least 30 minutes per applicant and have all of the required documents/fees. Have the forms completed in advance and bring all required documents and fees to help speed the process. Please note - a separate check or money order for each passport fee is required. We are not set up to photograph small children, so please obtain passport photos for children under 5 years of age at a photo studio.
- All applicants must appear in person, including children. Applicants under age 16 must have parental consent from both parents as listed on their birth certificate. Applicants age 16 & 17 need consent from at least one parent.
- Passport forms must be completed in black ink only (no white out or scratch outs). Information must be fully completed including parental information for all applicants.
- If your most recent U.S. passport book and/or card is in your possession, was issued less than 15 years ago, and you were over the age of 16 at the time of issuance, you may be eligible to use form DS-82 to renew your passport by mail.
- Standard Adult Passports are valid for 10 years from the date of issue and 5 years for minors under 16.
- Applicants who have had a previous passport but cannot submit it with their application are required to fill out and submit a DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport with their application (if not previously submitted).
- National Passport Information Center via toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 and NPIC@state.gov. Additional information available and fillable/printable forms at travel.state.gov. Downloadable forms available at bottom of this page.
What is required to be submitted with application:
- PROOF OF US CITIZENSHIP: Evidence of U.S. citizenship (certified copy of long-form birth certificate, Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship or previous Passport) AND a photocopy of the front (and back if there is printed information) must be submitted with your application. The additional photocopy must be on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, black and white ink, legible and clear. Evidence that is not damaged, altered or forged will be returned to you.
- PROOF OF IDENTITY: Valid government-issued photo ID. You must present your original identification AND submit a legible photocopy of the front and back with your passport application. Out-of State ID may require additional forms.
- RECENT COLOR PHOTOGRAPH: Photograph must meet passport requirements/template - full front view of the face and 2 x 2 inches in size on a white or light background. (Details on page 2 of DS-11 application.)
- FEES: Two specific forms of payment are required - please read below carefully.
Required Fee #1 - Passport Fee - Separate Check or Money Order for each application to the U.S. Dept. of State (no cash or credit card for this fee)
- Passport Book - Adults 16 and over-$110, Children under 16-$80. (Standard Processing 6 weeks)
- Passport Card - Adults 16 and over- $ 30, Children under 16-$15. (Standard Processing 6 weeks)
- Air travel requires Passport Book. Passport Card limited to land travel to Mexico/Canada and qualified cruises.
Required Fee #2 - Execution Fee - Cash (or Credit Card w/5% fee) to the Johnson County Clerk (no checks)
- $35 for each application (fee increased per U.S. Dept. of State effective 4/2/18)
- Expedited Processing Fee for 2-3 week return - $60 per application additional to the U.S. Dept of State
- Express Mail return (books only)-$15.89
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN
To submit an application for a child under age 16 both parents or the child's legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship;
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardian(s); AND
- Original parental/guardian government-issued identification AND a photocopy of the front and back side of presented identification.
IF ONLY ONE PARENT APPEARS, YOU MUST ALSO SUBMIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Second parent's notarized written statement or DS-3053 (including the child's full name and date of birth) consenting to the passport issuance for the child. The notarized statement cannot be more than three months old and must be signed and notarized on the same day, and must come with a photocopy of the front and back side of the second parent's government-issued photo identification; OR
- Second parent’s death certificate if second parent is deceased; OR
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, such as a court order; OR
- A written statement or DS-5525 (made under penalty of perjury) explaining in detail the second parent's unavailability.
- Each minor child applying for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card must appear in person.
A recent color passport photo (no glasses) taken within the last six months and 2 x 2 inches in size with a white background is required and must meet passport specification requirements as listed on page 2 of the DS-11 Passport application form.
Passport Photos ($10/each) for applicants over 5 years of age are available at the following Passport Acceptance locations:
Passport Acceptance Locations/Hours
Cutoff times at lunch and closing are based on completed applications, photos, correct fees, IDs/citizenship documentation, and all parties being present at the time of cutoff. All others will be required to return on another day for processing.
Johnson County Clerk
Historic Courthouse Cleburne - 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 4:00pm, Mon-Fri (please see note above regarding cutoff)
2 N. Main St. Rm. 131
Cleburne TX 76033
817-202-4000 x 1627
Johnson County Clerk
Burleson Sub-Courthouse - 8:00am - 11:30am and 12:30pm - 3:30pm, Mon-Fri
247 Elk Dr. Room 103
Burleson TX 76028
Eligible adults seeking to renew a passport may use Renewal form DS-82 if:
- they can submit their most recent US passport book or card with the application
- they were at least 16 years old when their most recent US passport was issued
- their most recent passport was issued less than 15 years ago (not expired more than 5 years)
- their most recent passport has not been mutilated, damaged, lost or stolen and subsequently found
- their most recent passport has not been limited from the normal ten year validity
- they are using the same name as their most recent passport or can submit certified documentation supporting their name change (certified copy of marriage license or certified copy of court-ordered name change - photocopies not acceptable)
Adults who are eligible to use from DS-82 for Passport Renewal will process and submit their own applications by following the detailed instructions on the form. Passport Agents are not authorized to submit renewal applications. DS-82 Renewal Forms may be downloaded below or can be filled out and printed using the online application available at travel.state.gov.
Applicants will carefully follow all the instructions included on the application and submit the completed form signed and dated (black ink only), attach a recent color passport photo (no more than 6 months old), include a check or money order made out to the U.S. Dept. of State for the appropriate fee with the applicant's name and date-of-birth noted at the top of the payment, include their most recent US passport and mail using the US Postal Service (with tracking) to the appropriate address (routine or expedited) as listed on the form.
Adult passport book fee is $110 for routine processing (4-6 week return). Adult passport card fee is $30 for routine processing. If expedited processing is required (2-3 week return), add $60 to the total fee. **Processing times may vary with the season. Check travel.state.com website for current processing times.
- DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport
- DS-82 U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals
- DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport Book and/or Card
- DS-3053 Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16
- DS-5525 Statement of Exigent/Special Family Circumstance for Issuance to a Minor Under Age 16
- DS-5504 Application for a U.S. Passport - Corrections, Name Change within 1 Year of Passport Issuance, and Limited Passport Holders