Facility Directory Table List

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Print

The Carnegie Library was begun in 1901 under the direction of the local women’s club. In 1902 members of the organization met with New York industrialist and benefactor Andrew S. Carnegie to secure funds for a building. His gift was matched by local contributions and the structure was completed in 1905. The building functioned as a library until 1978 when it was converted to the Layland Museum.

Return to full list >>