Animal Issues Committee

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option





Emergencies come in many forms and can occur at any moment. The best thing you can do for yourself and your pets / livestock is to be prepared. 

The Animal Issues Committee is a team of individuals with varied backgrounds, experience, skills, and interests that are generally related to the care and/or welfare of companion animals, livestock, or wildlife. The Animal Issues Committee serves as an advisement group to assist government authorities in their decision-making process associated with animal-related emergency and disaster situations.


Individuals include but are not limited to: animal control officer and personnel; veterinarian(s) from private practice, industry, government, public health, the military, and/or the local or regional TVMA organization; rescue organizations; veterinary technician(s) from local veterinary offices; animal humane association or organization representative(s); local equine and livestock associations; emergency management coordinator and personnel; elected official e.g., judge, commissioner, etc.; service animal organizations; animal association representatives (e.g., cattlemen’s, breeders, dairy, and exotic/alternative livestock groups to kennel clubs, horse clubs, and game bird fanciers); environmental representative; law enforcement representatives from Johnson County, and/or state (DPS), TPWD and/or NPS wildlife representative (e.g., fish and game wardens); volunteers interested in animal care and welfare (individuals and/or groups); and the public at large.

How To be Involved

If you would like to volunteer your time, facility, and/or equipment during a disaster situation involving displaced animals, please contact

Code of Ordinances

City code of ordinances regarding animals are listed below:

If you have any questions concerning animal regulations, contact your city's animal control. If your property is located outside of city limits, contact the Johnson County Sheriff's Office at 817-556-6058.


JoCo seal